Lee Ryan Türkiye
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Ryan Türkiye

Lee Ryan Fan Site

PortalliAnasayfaGaleriAramaLatest imagesKayıt OlGiriş yap

Lee Ryan Friday, April 30 2010, 06:00 BST By Robert Copsey

Aşağa gitmek 
YazarMesaj
ŞeYmA =)

Kadın
Mesaj Sayısı : 28
Yaş : 28
Kayıt tarihi : 16/06/09

Lee Ryan Friday, April 30 2010, 06:00 BST By Robert Copsey Empty
MesajKonu: Lee Ryan Friday, April 30 2010, 06:00 BST By Robert Copsey   Lee Ryan Friday, April 30 2010, 06:00 BST By Robert Copsey Icon_minitimePaz Mayıs 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Lee Ryan

Friday, April 30 2010, 06:00 BST

By Robert Copsey
Lee Ryan

We're not ashamed to admit that we got a bit too excited when Blue announced plans to reform last year. Consequently, it came as something as a surprise to learn that, before the boys attempt to add to their tally of eleven top ten hits, Lee Ryan's having another crack at solo stardom. Intrigued by his techno-poppy new single, and keen to find out exactly what's happening with Blue, we called him up for a chat.

Is it scary releasing a new single after some time away?
"Definitely! I'm just trying to get myself out there again. I think I've kinda come back out of nowhere with this single. I think people were expecting a Blue album, so it's just a case of getting everyone's head around where I am right now."

What's the story behind your new single, 'Secret Love'?
"It's an uptempo dance track, but it's quite dark lyrically. It's about losing someone you love and then having to live life secretly loving that person. It's a sad song really."

Do you have a secret love?
"Cheese and biscuits! With a nice glass of red wine and some onion chutney... how good is that?"

The Blue reunion's been in the works for a while, so what made you decide to release a solo single first?
"I didn't want everyone to say that my first solo album failed and that I wasn't up to being a solo artist. I feel like the first solo album wasn't really me. I like some of the songs on that album, but it had no story. It was just a bunch of songs put together that didn't really fit. A lot of people tell me they really loved that album, but I didn't feel like it had an honest message. Even if this album doesn't do as well, at least I can say I've written it, and that it was an honest representation of me that I gave 100%."

The single's a real departure from your previous sound. What prompted that?
"The album as a whole has colour and a lot of depth. It's not just a dance album - it's got some amazing ballads and blue-eyed soul tracks too. I tried to do what I thought George Michael would do. The way he writes, so honestly, is what I was aiming for."

You recently posted some very personal lyrics on your Twitter page. Are they from a song on the album?
"They're actually from a song called 'What The Hell Do They Know?', which is a B-side on the single. It's a ballad that I wrote at 3 o'clock in the morning on the piano. It's just me, a piano and a violin, and it's about the way the press in the past have called me 'stupid' or 'thick'. I think it's a beautiful song."

Are there any classic Lee Ryan ballads on the album?
"Yeah, very much so! There's a song called 'I Am Who I Am' that's going to blow everyone's socks off. It's something no-one would expect from me and I think it's the best song on the album. It has a big big big message. It's basically a big 'f**k you' to all the haters. This album has been in the works for over four years, which for me takes it into the Dido category, but I think it's good to live a bit before you come back and say something that's warranted."

You recently performed the album's title track, 'Confessions', on TV. Is it going to be the next single?
"I don't think it's going be a single, but I do love that song! The next single is going to be 'Lifeline', which is a real club banger, but it has a message too. It's about a time I was in a club and I walked up to a table that Dane Bowers was sitting at. I had a bit of a drinking problem back then, so I picked up almost three-quarters of a bottle of Jack Daniels and downed it in one. Everyone was shocked, and this song is about that - being in a club, being f**ked up and needing someone to save me."

Finally, are you excited about the Blue reunion?
"Yeah, it's going to be fun! I can't wait to get back on the road with the boys, but we're still in the process of deciding exactly how it's all going to happen."

Have you started working on any new material yet?
"We've been in the studio, but there's still a long way to go. I'm trying to say to the lads as we're writing that we shouldn't go too far away from what Blue are. Following current trends would be a big f**king mistake. The amazing thing about Blue is our soulful sound. We're far from a boyband in the sense that we don't sound like boys - we actually sound like men when we sing. I think that's always been the difference with Blue and that's why people loved us. JLS very much sound like boys when they sing, and I think they're great, but there's a big difference between us and them."

'Secret Love' by Lee Ryan is released on Monday.
Sayfa başına dön Aşağa gitmek

Lee Ryan Friday, April 30 2010, 06:00 BST By Robert Copsey
Sayfa başına dön 
1 sayfadaki 1 sayfası